January 26, 2009-Larry's getting more platelets this morning!!

I spoke with Larry last night Jan. 25th and he said he was feeling better but he was having trouble sleeping at night. I asked him if there was anything wrong and he said "Yes, I'm homesick". I asked him if he was ready to come home so I can aggravate him and he said "Yes, I sure do miss you picking on me", and I said "Well I can do that over the phone", and he said "I know but I also miss seeing all my furry babies"!!!!! That just blew my mind, I thought he only missed me....I guess that's what I get for thinking8-]

I just got through talking with Larry at 11:00 am and he said he was waiting to get platelets again this morning and I asked what his counts were. His red blood cell count was 8.7, his white blood cell count was 0.1 and his platelet count was 0.0. He said the PA told him that was normal and not to get excited but they are going to leave his IV thingy (yes I'm medically challenged) in his arm because they want him to come back in the morning and again Wednesday morning for blood tests and he will probably have to have more transfusions. The PA said that leaving the IV thingy in his arm would keep him from having to be stuck with a needle so many times. Now why didn't they do that from the very beginning? Larry said he hated that his counts have been crashing Friday and this week because he's afraid they won't let him come home this Friday. I told him that it's better that it happened now then after he came home cause he would just have to go back to Houston. He knew I was right even though he said "NNNNNOOOOOOOO WWAAYYYYYY, once I get outta here I aint coming back for another month." He did say that he was going to be on his best behavior for a change this week so they'd be shocked and let him come home. Guess I better get out my pen and paper and start my "HONEY DO LIST" so I can give it to him for his homecoming present. He just loves it when I give him home made presents straight from the heart especially the ones that I put alot of effort and time in!!

More on Larry later.

Thank you all so much for your prayers and support,
Jean

1 comment: