January 19, 2009

Larry had a blood test and reading of the test on Friday. His red blood cell count was 9.4 and his platelets were 0.3 which were too low and he had to get a platelet transfusion. Larry told me he would be there for a couple of hours so I should catch the shuttle, go back to camp to pack and go home. As I was leaving he told me to be sure and go to church Sunday because he sure missed it and he knew I was missing it as well and he was right.

I went back to the camper and packed and drove home. It was a l-o-n-g and lonely drive but I finally arrived in Arp at 7:00 pm. Jason had already fed the horses for me so I went home and unloaded the truck then I called Larry to let him know that I was home. He said he was feeling good and he thinks the nurses he got today treated him very well. He was really shocked that he got out so quick. Larry's nurses are always good to him but he gets very frustrated and I understand how he feels. I told him that no one would be able to give his transfusions as fast as he would like.

Saturday Yvonne, Joseph and Jason came to visit and we went to the pasture to play with the horses. Yvonne worked with Sadie (Larry's horse) and treated her with tender loving care. Larry would have been proud. Joseph worked a little with Max (my horse) and I put a riding pad on Max and Joseph rode him around the pasture. He's such a cute cowboy!!! We came back home and Yvonne brought fixings for fajitas and boy was it goooooooood!! We talked to Larry and told him that his horse was well taken care of and I had been pampered by Yvonne and Jason as well. Larry said he wanted to wash clothes but the laundry mat was full today so he would try it again tomorrow. He said he had real good supper and had rested most all day and was feeling good. I tell you, I couldn't be more blessed.

Sunday I got up and went to church.....what a site for sore eyes. All our friends wanted to know how Larry was doing and said they had all been praying for him and to let him know he was truely missed. I left church and returned home to prepare myself for work today. Boy, it's been a long two weeks.

I went to work this morning and called Larry at 10:45am. He said his red blood cell count was 9.3 so he didn't need any red blood but his platelets were 0.2 so he needed a platelet transfusion. I know it seems extremely low which it is but it didn't drop as low as the last two times he had a blood test. Hopefully this means that his blood has bottomed out and is now slowly rising. We will hope that Wednesday's test will show an improvement as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment