April 15, 2009 <><><> Preparing for Transplant

We arrived in Houston Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 5:oo PM. We unpacked the truck and ate supper. Larry is tired from the busy week end. He went fishing with Linda on Saturday morning and visited his mom again. We finally got our riding mower fixed an Larry came back from his moms and mowed the yard. I was at a friends house helping with some crafts for the Cowboy gathering that will be held this Saturday at our church. It will be an all day affair with all kinds of events going on, there will also be vendor booths and cook offs and.............so much more and I wish Larry and I could be there but may be we can make it to the one next year.

Monday morning Larry had a blood test and saw the transplant nurse. She told us to go to the admitting office and they would call us when a room was ready for him. They called at 7:00 pm and said for us to come to the hospital because a room was available. We got to the room at 8:30 pm and they started taking blood tests and told him they would start chemo at 4:30 am Tuesday morning. I came back to the camper because I knew they would be very busy with Larry most all night and sure enough they were. He got a platelet transfusion and also received 2 bags of blood. They started his first round of chemo as scheduled Tuesday morning. Larry says they come in every morning and give him a cup full of pills at 4:00 am and get a blood test, then at 4:30 am is another round of chemo. By the time that is finished they have the results of the blood test and they start pumping him full of platelets and blood. He's had two days of chemo and I think he will get two more by Friday then he will get a rest until Monday or Tuesday and they will give him he transplant.

As of right now Larry doesn't feel any effects of the chemo but he says they keep him so busy that he doesn't even get much rest during the night and he can't even take naps during the day because of all the visits they make in his room. He's also upset because he can't find anything good to watch on TV (oh brother, here we go again). I feel an attitude adjustment coming on......I just hope I'm prepared!!!!!! I brought the EMERGENCY KIT but it's here at camp, I just hope I remember to take it with me tomorrow when I go to the hospital. Larry and I have to take some kind of class tomorrow at 2:00 pm and I've got this funny feeling that he's not going to set quietly during the class. Please pray that he will remain cool, calm and collected during that time.

You're prayers are much needed during his stay here in the hospital.

More updates later......................

No comments:

Post a Comment