May 4, 2009--Larry's counts are rising, Praise God!

Do You Remember Larry Roberts?

Yes, it's his little spokesperson.....ME! Sorry I haven't kept everyone informed about Larry but he's been driving me CRAZY and I can't imagine why since he's had it so easy just laying there in the hospital with nurses waiting on him hand and foot 24 hours a day. What more could a man ask for, right? Seriously he's had his ups and downs and last Wednesday (4.29.09) the effects of the chemo finally HIT HIM HARD. He was hit from head to toe and it caused depression which concerned me a great deal. By Saturday he started to show signes of improvement. He was told in the beginning that when his white blood count rose to a 2.0 and he was able to take his medication on his own he would be able to leave the hospital. Sunday his white blood count was a 1.8 which was awsome and today his white blood count was 3.3 and the doctor said that he could get out of the hospital tomorrow if he continues to improve and doesn't get a fever.

Larry had been such a trooper about this whole hospital thing and staying in Houston for 100 days and I'm so proud of the way he has done everything they have asked him to do. There have been times while he walked the floor (during his daily walks around the pods) that he has been so tempted as he walks by the elevators he has actually pushed the button....but when the doors open he realizes that it's really not a good idea to get on.

I'm sure Larry is having a hard time sleeping tonight just thinking about getting out tomorrow. I pray he doesn't work himself into a fever tonight. If he doesn't get to leave the hospital tomorrow you will probably hear a loud scream heard all over Texas. I'm sure he's just counting the hours til the doctor comes in the morning to tell him he can go to camp. When I left the hospital tonight Larry had one of his suite cases and several bags for me to bring back with me. He said he didn't want "a bunch of stuff" in his room that would keep him from getting out as soon as possible.

Larry's dad will be coming to Houston on Wednesday to stay with him for a couple of weeks. I wish it were possible for me to stay with Larry the whole time but I know his dad will help him and take good care of him until I return. Please pray that Larry doesn't drive his dad up the walls during that time. I am grateful for all the support from his family and feel very fortunate for all their help.

I've got to get some sleep and get to the hospital early so I can peel Larry off the walls while he waits for the doctor. I will try to keep you all updated with he progress.

Later,

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment